Sunday, March 1, 2009

if i were a boy...


If God made me a boy, i would be the junior of my father, the carbon copy of his face just what they say. If I were a boy, it would be a different world for me, I would be naughty and nice at the same time. I would have short hair, visible muscles and adam’s apple. I will not prefer to have white complexion, I would be tall. Girls can describe me as tall, dark and handsome.

If I were a boy, I would love to be a basketball, volleyball, tennis, and football player. I would be a swimmer and a driver. I would also be a hiker and a biker. I will go around different places and try different adventures, I would be more sporty and hippy.

If I were a boy, I would be respectful to girls. I will let them sit in jeepneys, busses, churches and anywhere were there will be no vacant sits. I will always guide my mother and sister also with my father. I will never hurt my friends, my girl friend. I will surprise her every special occasions, birthdays, valentines day and monthsaries. I will be generous in giving her chocolates, flowers and teddy bears. I will dance with her in her debut. I will always give here space and freedom. I will assure that I will be the best boyfriend ever.

If I were a boy, I would cry every time I fall, every time that I’m depressed, and every time I need to cry. Crying is not how we measure the masculinity of a guy, it is how we can say that I’m a real human being, I’m not pretending to be someone that I’m not, I’m just trying to release my emotions and I’m not hiding any where because I know that weeping is a part of our human life. If I were a boy, I will not hesitate to do household chores which they say, the work of a lady. We are now in the 20th century, in short we do not anymore belong with the century of “kupong-kupong”.

If I were a boy, even just for a day, I would be a role model for them all. I will choose the right girl for me and treat her as my princess in my palace. I would be the frog that is waiting for her kiss and turn me into a prince. I will be sleeping beauty’s kissing prince, Cinderella’s prince charming, Snow White’s savior prince together with the seven dwarfs, I will be Beauty’s beast and lastly, I will be Bella’s Edward, her vampire prince.

But I’m just a girl, who has weaknesses and strengths. Not perfect but willing to be half-way perfect. Not a player but a cheerleader, not a hiker nor a biker but a total adventurer, not a sporty but a home body. A girl who will be receiving your chocolates and flowers, a lady who cries every time I want and a daughter who always do household chores. I’m a human being, who needs to be protected, who needs your care and love.

God made me a girl who has responsibilities and rights. I know he has reasons for his decisions and every mankind he will made. And if ever I were a boy, I think I could understand and I swear to be a better man.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like your describing your perfect guy :).
    I think guys who cry are cute. Haha.

    ReplyDelete